Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stop Wine-ing... Start Crafting!


Ok Flea Fans... settle in, pour yourself a glass of wine and DON'T TOSS THAT CORK!!!


If you are like me, you save corks.  For most of them, the write the date and special occasion and toss them in a glass vase.  Others, I just toss in (because nothing screams "I have a problem" like a large vase of wine corks).  
Trying out my new app: Beautiful Mess (how fitting)

However, after starting to wonder if perhaps I did have a problem (hahah, who am I kidding, I'm a mom - wine is a necessity), I set out to find some fun crafty ideas for corks.  Whoa!  There is a lot out there! 

Here are just a few of the many I found - some useful, some funky - but one thing is for sure - this type of crafting is right up my ally!  I mean, how many craft projects are there where gathering your supplies is just as fun as the end result!

**Warning:  consuming wine prior to crafting may result in one heck of a project

This one BLEW. MY. MIND!- Dying cork with Rit Dye (tutorial found here)

Dyed cork - who knew!!


Cork board - tutorial found via Suze Geeks Out



Wine Cork Pendants - tutorial found via Fiskars
Cork Chandelier via Shannon Quimby

 
Cork Garland via Anthropologie window

 I could seriously go on and on.  For more inspiration you can always search Pinterest.  Just make sure you have 2 hours and a bottle of wine :)

Have you done any crafts with corks?  Send us a pic or link to your blog!







No comments:

Post a Comment