Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

It's that time of year when driving down the street makes me drool over the pristine lawns and lush floral that adorn cute homes.  I think "what do they have that I don't?"... answer:  a green thumb!

So after managing to squeak out some container herbs last year, I thought I'd out do myself and try flowers.  After googling for the 800th time the difference between Annuals and Perennials (which personally I think the terms are backwards but whatever) - I hit the local nursery.  My mission:  COLOR.  

When I got home I set out to do what I know best - look for junk to fill with flowers!  Here is what I did:


I am no where near done as this little arrangement exhausted both me and my wallet.  So while I work on installment 2, head on over to Funky Junk Interiors and see what she's been working on!

If you are feeling overwhelmed with a garden scenario (like myself) - start small... look for containers/vessels/rusty pails and teapots.  If you are using them indoors, simply fit a glass (or I've used recycled yogurt cups) into the item to allow it to hold water.  

Here is a great re-use of a vintage thermos!  Already meant for liquids, this makes a great statement even with the simplest of flowers!




Happy gardening!

 








No comments:

Post a Comment