Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Modern Milk Glass

One of my favorite flea market finds is Milk Glass.  There is just something about the multitude of designs and styles that I can't get enough of.  This love started with my grandmother - she had a collection going that was then passed down to me.  I am now addicted and thankfully you can pick up pieces for a few dollars at flea markets, thrift stores and yard sales!  Milk Glass seems to span the decades, reinventing itself and it's clean, simplistic look that works with just about any decor genre.  

Here are a few of the many ways I've used Milk Glass...

My vintage 40's wedding - milk glass was on every table:

At Christmas, vases held my colorful ornaments 
And for an Americana dinner I staged at work, they became pedestals for floral balls (which is also a great look for Valentine's Day centerpieces!)

How do you use Milk Glass?  



No comments:

Post a Comment