Wednesday, April 3, 2013

60's Shrine

Today I am highlighting my amazing husband and his wonderful restoration of a vintage 60's Shriner's Model T car/kart.  

Meet Lizzie:

While I like to say I inspired his creativity - I can't take any credit.  He worked on this for years before I met him. Lizzie is a Shriner's car (typically used in parades)Hubbie (and family) acquired her in the 1980's.  Once the boys outgrew the car - she sat, unused, gathering dust and rust.  

In late 2009, the restoration was complete!  In 2010, right around the time we began dating, we took her out and about to meet some pretty cool people!

Here she is meeting Wayne Carini of "Chasing Classic Cars"

And when the Pawn Stars came to Worcester... we took her over there for a little show and tell!



And finally, on May 6, 2012 - she finally took to the streets
(with the help of our sons)
Slowly we are learning more about these sweet cars that hold a lot of potential.  We plan to take her out more and show her off how she was meant to - parade style!

Do you have any Shriner car knowledge?  Tell us your story/memories/tidbit!



No comments:

Post a Comment